In January 2020, the Snowy Valleys region was hit by bushfires, and as a result, some of Snowy Valleys Beverage Trail operators are temporarily closed or operating reduced hours.
There’s nothing more important than great, fresh, regional produce. Here in the Snowy Valleys, our COOL, CRISP CLIMATE allows us to create premium wines, beers, ciders, and liqueurs.
Harnessing the fresh local ingredients of Tumut and surrounds, Tumut River Brewing Co makes award winning, flavour packed beers to suit all tastebuds. Located in the place of their humble beginnings, the old tyre service where the co-owners once worked, the venue now seats 200 people and boasts pizza and bar snacks to rival the best. With 24 taps, 18 of which rotate constantly, you’re sure to find the brew for you.
- Open Friday & Saturday 10am-midnight, Sunday to Thursday 10am-9pm
- 1-5 CAPPER STREET TUMUT
- 1300 042 337 (1300 04 BEER)
- Visit Tumut River Brewing Co on Facebook or Instagram
Pretty Parrot Distilling crafts small batch spirits and liqueurs. With a tasting room established at the Oriental Hotel in Tumut you can try the range of Bathtub Gins, Australian Native Liqueurs and Fruit Liqueurs. They are distilled, bottled and labelled by hand and feature the true colours of the botanicals used to develop their unique and refreshing flavours.
- Open Friday to Sunday 12pm-5pm
- Other times by appointment
- 48 FITZROY STREET, TUMUT
- Ellen 0417 448 391 • David 0418 284 669
- Visit Pretty Parrot Distilling on Facebook or Instagram
Crafty cider is a small family run business that operates a Cellar Door in the beautiful Kunama Valley near Batlow. Growing mostly English and French variety Cider apples to create a very traditional style drink. Every year our blend is a little bit different than the last, making Crafty Cider all that more interesting. While you’re here see the large array of animals at SMART Animal Sanctuary.
- Open Saturday & Sunday 11am-4pm
- 35 POSTHUMERS ROAD, KUNAMA, BATLOW
- 0429 823 375
- Visit Crafty Cider on Facebook or Instagram
Wilgro Orchards sell our produce direct to customers at our roadside stall. We have varieties of apples, cherries, berries, nuts, dried fruit, juice, jams, ice cream, and vinegars as well as coffee and eats. We grow the fruit and make ciders at our orchard which are available for tastings and sales from our Cellar Door while appreciating the breathtaking orchard views.
- Open: every day 9am-5pm (September to June)
- 4066 BATLOW ROAD, BATLOW
- Visit Wilgro Orchards on Facebook or Instagram
Courabyra Wines is an award winning Cellar Door and Restaurant proudly featuring local regional produce. The menu changes with the season, allowing guests to dine on the best produce of the region. Home to the winner of Australia’s best sparkling, come and try premium estate-grown cold-climate wines and dine on the deck overlooking the stunning vineyard and mountains.
- Currently open weekends only: 11am-5pm. Planned to return to normal opening hours in late March 2020.
- Normal opening hours: Thursday to Monday 11am-5pm
- 805 COURABYRA ROAD, TUMBARUMBA
- 02 6948 2462 • M: 0429 482 462
- Help Courabyra Wines in their bushfire recovery online at www.courabyrawines.com
- Visit Courabyra Wines on Facebook: or Instagram
CLOSED due to bushfire damage
Tumbarumba’s only winery, and what makes it even better are the spectacular views. Meet the winemaker and see how the wines are made at the cellars. Taste some of the developing wines straight from the barrel! Enjoy the cellar door for cool-climate wine tastings and sales.
- Currently closed due to bushfire damage. Reopening date not yet known.
- Normal opening hours: every day 10am-4pm
- 110 ALLAWAH ROAD, TUMBARUMBA
- 0400 735 916
- Help Obsession in their bushfire recovery online at obsessionwines.com.au
- Visit Obsession on Facebook or Instagram
CLOSED due to bushfire damage
Johansen Wines is a family owned vineyard and cellar door in Tumbarumba.
Showcasing a range of premium cool climate wines to delight your tastebuds, made from grapes that have been handpicked from their vineyard, they have created elegant wines that show true varietal and regional expression. Rob and Heather Johansen planted the vineyard over 25 years ago, now their daughter Helle and her husband Tom have joined the team to expand the passion of viticulture and wine.
- Currently closed due to bushfire damage. Reopening planned for October 2020.
- Normal opening hours: weekends 11am-4pm, with other times by appointment (September to June)
- 90 BLACK RANGE RD, TUMBARUMBA
- 0424 689 492
- Help Johansen Wines in their bushfire recovery online at johansenwines.com.au
- Visit Johansen Wines on Facebook or Instagram
Tumbarumba Wines Escape is a family run vineyard and cellar door producing world class cool climate chardonnay and pinot grigio. Featuring a beautifully landscaped lawn and boardwalk skirting a picturesque dam which captures the magnificence of the Mannus Valley & the Snowy Mountains beyond.
- Open first weekend of the month 10am-3pm, with other times by appointment only (October to April)
- Open 25th & 26th January 2020 (10am -3pm)
- 3446 JINGELLIC RD, TUMBARUMBA
- 0416 274 343
- Visit Tumbarumba Wines Escape on Facebook or Instagram