Discover the natural beauty and lovely heritage of picturesque Tumut on the Tumut River Walk. The Tumut River Walk is a gentle path alongside on the Snowy Valleys’ most important waterway, connecting Tumut’s parklands and recreational space to the Tumut Wetlands.
Enjoy the Tumut River Walk, strolling under leafy trees, spending time with those you treasure most – away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Walking: meander at your own pace (and bring the dog along) as you stroll along the Tumut River Walk. Breathe the fresh air as you take in Tumut’s beautiful trees, waters and gardens.
- Cycling: With quiet, leafy roads, gentle paths, and calming surrounds, the Tumut River Walk is the perfect route for tourers and cruisers – especially those wishing to explore the Tumut Wetlands.
- Fishing: if you’re looking for the perfect fishing spot, the Tumut River is calling. Between October and June, thread a fly, cast a line, and you’re bound to reel in a trout
- Kayaking: Glide across the Tumut River’s crystal-clear waters and admire the picture-perfect landscape – with the water babbling along as your guide. The Tumut Valley Canoe Club hosts regular paddles in the warmer months. For more information visit their Facebook page. www.facebook.com/tumutvalley.canoeclub
- Picnicking: Nestled under red river gums, and accessed via the Tumut River Walk, Tumut’s parklands are the perfect place to picnic with friends, play, and watch the clouds drift by.
- Birdwatching: Home to more than 70 species of birds, the Tumut Wetlands are a bird-lovers paradise. All you need to do is find a comfy spot and wait for the show to start.
- Tumut Community Labyrinth for Peace: a place of contemplation and reflection, commemorating the public service of the area’s citizens in times of peace and of conflict.
There are several access points to the walk, so you can make it as long or as short as you like.